Help me ID a goby!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
hm, ill have to swing though today and see what youre talking about, what tank were they in?
Ooh that'd be great! I don't think I can get there today. When you walk in the door, and all the FW tanks are on your left, it was the last row of FW, and the first tank on the left. Right next to the clown killies (which they always have I think) and belown the norman's lampeye. Across the row from the turtles, I think.

They had another goby in the second row, that was labeled hard water- its not that one.

i know they had the rhinogobius wui(look alike) in for a while but doesnt look like any of the pics at all.
It does look kinda like that, and I found that one in my searches, but these guys were already over 2", and the guy said they get to be about 4".

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Sold as Ctenogobius schultzei.. gets rather confusing after that though.

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
DoctaQ;2237636 aric says that it takes pebbles in its mouth to grind up food said:
That's who I talked to, I think, I didn't know his name. I'm torn- on one hand it'd be cool to have a rare fish, otoh, I'm a little hesitant to go sticking fish no one knows anything about into my community tank. I have an empty 10 gal, but sounds like they get too big for that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store