Help me ID a goby!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
welp if theyre constantly digging up the substrate it might be a pain if you have a planted, other than that i wouldnt know anything about it.
Well, the 10 doesnt really have stem plants, so it probably would be ok. I'm just wondering, size-wise, if they get to be 4".

do you go to the local meetings by chance? and theres some kinda big one coming up soon too.
wup nevermind, its in conn...
I don't, but I want to! Could you PM me some info maybe? I know there's on coming up in Western MA, but that's not Boston Aquarium Society, it's Pioneer Valley I think. I wouldn't mind CT, I'm from there and go there a lot anyway.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
Yeah it looks like a species of Ctenogobius or Rhinogobius (very similar). It is probably a true FW goby.

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
Anyone have an opinion on keeping a pair in a 10 gallon? Or whether they'd eat RCS?

DoctaQ

all your wheel are belong to us
Dec 12, 2008
Boston
id bet that theyd eat rcs, its already big enough to eat an adult sideways

i didnt catch if they had any more rhinogobius in but theyre more subtropical anyways so ive heard although i kept two at like 78 until i went on vacation, neat little guys and possibly might not eat rcs since theyre smaller

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
At 4" I wouldn't keep that fish in a 10 gal. Its smaller cousin Rhinogobius duospilus maybe, but not that one. The R. duospilus might not bother adult RCS, but I suspect that youngsters would be quick food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store