Help me name my new betta!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lime_smash

AC Members
May 22, 2009
Missouri
Sticking with mythology names, I like manticore. It means "man-eater" and is a mythological creature kinda like a sphinx.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
cadmus is a cool name, he was the warrior that slayed a dragon and sowed its teeth into the earth, and soldiers sprang up from the ground and fought each other until there were only the best left standing, and he started the city of thebes with those men. at least i think it was thebes..

JoeLaX28

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Ithaca, NY
Real Name
Joe
You're from Pennsylvania... call him Pennsy!

Or going along with what lime_smash said, you can call him Sphinx and then when he gets you POed for whatever reason you can call him Sphinx-ter! OK, I'll stop now

He's very pretty by the way.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
name him "Flash", cuz he's flashy! (anyone remember Flash Gordon?!) :rofl:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
nah i dont like Cadmus(hes just an angry guy) nor the sphinx because.. it did infact kill itself which you dont want any bad luck. I dk why but im very well read in mythology. My betta is named bacchus, due to the gods beauty and never ending smite on people lol. If it was a girl betta id go with venus just because she was the most beautiful god, or even helen lol plus i think cadmus ended up getting his whole entire family destroyed by bacchus demeter and apollo! im sure if it was his family or not

iamgroovy

Nature Lover
Jul 7, 2005
PA USA
Wow, lots of great ideas! I can't believe I wasn't outbid on this guy. I was thinking about naming him Sammy for (Uncle Sam) but I've had alot of good suggestions so I'll have to think on it...

I'll have to post pics of him in his 10g. I just redecorated it for him. He's got it all to himself except for a few cherry shrimp and snails. He seems to be enjoying all the space (and chasing the shrimp:eek:).

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Electro - he looks like he is lit up haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store