Help me name my new betta!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
agh well he might not stop chasing those shrimp till he kills them, mine is the same way, wouldn't even let a minescule baby snail in the tank lol, its just gonna stress the shrimp out you might want to consider removing them!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
Although I really liked the Greek god names, I agree with you jaxmom that I was thinking more along the lines you were when I first saw him. I was thinking "Old Glory"

thats what the first thing i thought of OLD GLORY with his flag tail waveing in the water,..

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
i'd name him brutus or thor. my first impulse was for something patriotic though

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I still like Flash...JMO...."flashy" was the first thing I thought of when I saw him......JMO

iamgroovy

Nature Lover
Jul 7, 2005
PA USA
agh well he might not stop chasing those shrimp till he kills them, mine is the same way, wouldn't even let a minescule baby snail in the tank lol, its just gonna stress the shrimp out you might want to consider removing them!
LoL! I'd move them if I could catch them but I've never been able to. There are only two in there (a male and a female)now anyway. I had a small colony but my last betta killed most of them. I caught several and moved them to my 20g with my guppies and corys and I have a large colony in there now. Once the two left in the betta tank are gone, I wont put shrimp in with a betta again!

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
I vote for Uncle Sam. Or Spoon. Name it Spoon.

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
Wow, lots of great ideas! I can't believe I wasn't outbid on this guy. I was thinking about naming him Sammy for (Uncle Sam) but I've had alot of good suggestions so I'll have to think on it...

I'll have to post pics of him in his 10g. I just redecorated it for him. He's got it all to himself except for a few cherry shrimp and snails. He seems to be enjoying all the space (and chasing the shrimp:eek:).
hey, my betta is named sam! and he chased my ghost shrimp. and eventually stuffed one in his mouth but it squirmed and got out, and zipped right to the tank floor, where he lay crookedly until he died. :( poor guy, all the trauma. but sam never touched a ghost shrimp again so its all good i guess

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store