Help my fish are dying!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starter_flo

starter and finisher
Jul 21, 2005
Mission. BC. Canada
this happened to me a long time ago too i was very new with the whole fish thing and i was broke and had no money and had to move. i couldnt move because i had fish so my roomate decided to put bleach in my tank killing them . finally getting to the point now. maybe someone is poisining your fish or pending on your water quality diffrent areas have diffrent water qualitys. i know someone who lived somewhere where the water quality was really bad . so he bought bottle water to fill his tank. he kept testing his tap water and found out that the water was not suitable for fish. by the way something got into his well

jacqueline2215

Bo and Sushi's Mommy
Jul 24, 2005
New Jersey
I only use tap water now. In stabilizing my tank I would just let it run empty with a product I was reccomended called TLC. Nobody is poisoning my fish nor do I want them to die, that's ridiculous! My cory died last night and want to know how to keep the rest healthy. I have my 2 gold gouramis in a hospital tank and being treated as well as the main 10g tank with my pleco and 3 other gouramis in it.

jacqueline2215

Bo and Sushi's Mommy
Jul 24, 2005
New Jersey
what do i do with salt to cure the ich?

jacqueline2215

Bo and Sushi's Mommy
Jul 24, 2005
New Jersey
How big of a tank should I have for a 4" pleco, 2 dwarf blue gouramis-2",1 fire gourami 2", and 2 gold gouramis 1" and 2"?

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
At least a 55g, or, if that's a common plec, a 75g.

The gold gourami will get rather aggressive with age and may go as far as to kill the rest of your gourami. You may want to consider rehousing them.

Just be aware that corys don't tolorate salt very well. I've had very good luck with using 'Quickcure' on Corys, loaches and tetras
Not true. For the short amount of time and dosage required to treat ich they will be unfased.

jacqueline2215

Bo and Sushi's Mommy
Jul 24, 2005
New Jersey
why do pet stores sell these fish to people they know dont have big tanks? what can i keep in a 10g?

jacqueline2215

Bo and Sushi's Mommy
Jul 24, 2005
New Jersey
i believe it is a plain one...i am worried about getting that big of a tank when i am having trouble with a small one...or is my problem due to it being small?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store