help! tang not eating!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
No need to worry about it. Go buy some GARLIC EXTREME and just put it into the water (according to directions on the bottle) Buy some seaweed or Algae sheets and a clip add a drop or two of Garlic Extreme to the sheet and put it into the tank. Tangs tend to be prone to a lot of disease and using Garlic in their diet Helps strengthen their amune system. Try Brine shrimp as a staple or snack food just make sure its spirulina Brine shrimp since its better than regular brine. But Idealy when he starts eating you will have to shop for a good main food that is inriched with vitamins and protien since keeping a healthy tang keeps it from having Head and Lateral Line Errosion (HLLE) Hope This Helps

lucy10203

AC Members
Oct 14, 2006
Surfer's paradise-FLorida
alrightt i finally got some algae, but when i put it in the tank it stil would ignore the food. BUT, getting extremely fustrated i started to poke myself with a long wooden stick, the ones you put meat on for the barbeque. by doing that an idea popped into my head. i grabbed a large flake and attached it to the stick. i put the stick with the flake were the blue tang is 99% of the time, hiding behind the protein skimmer. it looked at the food and 5 minutes later it slowly went up to the food and quickly ate the flake and swam back to the protein skimmer. the question is, i can attach algae there but what is the maximum time i can leave a peice of algae in the tank??
:confused:

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
Yes just get an algae clip and you can attach a sheet and just leave it for him to graze on.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
You can try live brine shrimp that you can get from your LFS and then mix the frozen brine in with it. You just have to try different things but you do need to feed them algae or (sea veggies) my tangs love the stuff and so do the other fish

Whopper Stopper

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
San Diego
What size is your tank? Ive had mine for over a month and I still havent seen him eat anything ive put in the tank. I bought him with out doing the reasearch and now I feel bad cuz hes always stressed in my 25 gallon. Hes come down with bad ich while all my other fish are fine. I do use garlic extreme and he looked interested once than swam away. good luck

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
You have a tang in a 25 gallon:eek: ? You should get him a bigger home really soon

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
but for how long can i lave a piece of algea in the water for 3 hours, 4 hours?
You can leave it up to 8 hours BUT Ive never had a problem of my tangs not eating, there always comming to the top when I lift up the lid, What little piggies

What size is your tank? Ive had mine for over a month and I still havent seen him eat anything ive put in the tank. I bought him with out doing the reasearch and now I feel bad cuz hes always stressed in my 25 gallon. Hes come down with bad ich while all my other fish are fine. I do use garlic extreme and he looked interested once than swam away. good luck
I hope you are talking about him being stressed in a QT tank thats 25G

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store