help! tang not eating!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Whopper Stopper

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
San Diego
You have a tang in a 25 gallon:eek: ? You should get him a bigger home really soon
Yes i know I am new to the hobby and didnt do the research required plus the guy at my lfs said no worries... lessons learned. If I could net him id give him back to my lfs but hes near impossible to net. any tips?

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Sorry if I was being offensive!!! Didn't want to be rude ( if I was ) !

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Can you clip up the algae where he hides behing the skimmer 99% of the time? Did you try brine shrimp or the garlic extract?

Yes i know I am new to the hobby and didnt do the research required plus the guy at my lfs said no worries... lessons learned. If I could net him id give him back to my lfs but hes near impossible to net. any tips?
It shouldn't be too hard to get a Tang out of a 25G. How large is it? What kind of Tang is it? If possible, you an remove the live rock to get him out. Two nets may help too. Where do plan on bringing him?

mamasky

AC Members
Dec 9, 2005
Reading, Pa.
I agree, it won't be hard to get him out of a 25 gallon. If you insit on keeping him...when I got my Naso tang, it wasn't eating the seaweed strips so we went to our lfs and got some live plants. We clipped the live plants with the dried seaweed so that the tang would learn to go there for it's food. In about 10 days it was eating just seaweed.
My naso also loves frozen mysis shrimp and cyclops soaked in garlic.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store