HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
OH NO!!! this is bad
ANGELFISH EMERGENTCY!!
all of them look like they are about to die

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
how long have you had them and how long have they not eaten?

did you get them and they didn't eat?

you need to find out what is going on in the water(read test nitrite and nitrates)
a 20 l is too small for angels..angels grow fairly fast.

you may have a bacterial infection or a parasite..either can exhibit these characteristics..bacterial infections work faster ti kill fish..parasites take longer..weeks many times.
did you notice anything when they poo'd? white , slimey stringy?
and weird protrusions fromt the fish..
if this prigressed fast i would suspect bacterial..what is the temp of the water? other tank mates?
did you qt the angels?

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
just get them yesterday
and didn t since yesterday
i know and im looking for a 55 gal right now
small and browish black just barely poo
the fins are down, like to stay in the corners , some time stay low and sometime at the top of the water,
qt?
no tank mate
75 to 80 f

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
The first thing I would do , is a water change, and drop the temp to around 78, (slowly) Then, I would take half of what you have,( all if possible) to the pet store, read up on cycling, read up on the specie of fish you desire, and then, buy a tank, or buy fish that will fit in your tank. angels are not a beginners fish, they need specific water chemistry to thrive and be prolific. Sorry if That seems to forward, but thats my opinion, a twenty long, gives them no swimming room, the amount of angels you already have are enough to overstock a 55 . They need height in a tank, and a twenty long doesn't offer that.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
well i kind of figure out that, and i cant my pet strore wont take them
my tank is cycle really well
and everything when well, but after i add some plants (which i did a alot of washing)
nah it is ok
and im looking at a great deal on a 75 gal right now,

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
a 20l is fine for a growout and for a short period of time.
adult angels need 10-15 g per fish..keep that in mind when stocking tanks with angels.
angels can take heat up to and including 90 for a short period of time and do well at temps 78-82.
they can adapt to a higher ph ..while they benefit from clean water (most fish do) they are in general, not difficult to keep. is your tank temp fluctuating? you mention 75-80.
while small fluctuations are not bad..over time they can lead to stress. try to stabilize the temp and keep it at 78-80 and you should be fine.
it is not uncommon for new angels to hide and not eat for a few days..as a matter of fact some don't recommend feeding newly introduced angelfish for a couple days as uneaten food will mess up the water.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Your angels may be in shock, do you know what the water params at your pet store are?
Or, the angels might be sick, they could have been sick before you got them.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
they seem sooo fine and active when i get them
it must be shock or sttress
i'll keep my eyes on them
and will tell what happen

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006