Here's my new 120g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcybyk

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Nice setup - I like it.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Why don't you try to convert your tank to a Malawi cichlids tank only? That way it would be easier to satisfy the water requirements of African rift lake cichlids. The pleco can stay there, IMO.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i am actually planning to do a tropical fish tank in my 60g so i will transfer silver dollars and barb with new guys added over to the 60g. by doing that i would be having a salt water (55g), malawi (120g), and tropical fish (60g) tanks. In the tropical i want to have the neon though i dont know if barbs & dollars would kill them.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
OB peacocks.. don't know what that Hap is and the one peacock has its body facing the other way not sure.. At any rate nice fish and tank.. As for Maingano be careful you dont introduce a terror because the majority of these fish are a little bit more peaceful than the Maingano's..

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i bought a group of 3 mianganos little ones. hopefully they blend in. but they are a beauty. how many fishes in total can i keep in a 120g? currently there are:
2 dollars, 1 barb, 3 eureka red, 3 ob peacocks, 1 rusty, 1 hap, 15 yellow lab & red zebra = 26.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
i bought a group of 3 mianganos little ones. hopefully they blend in. but they are a beauty. how many fishes in total can i keep in a 120g? currently there are:
2 dollars, 1 barb, 3 eureka red, 3 ob peacocks, 1 rusty, 1 hap, 15 yellow lab & red zebra = 26.
Plus the 3 Mainganos = 29. I think you should increase the #'s of mainganos and rusties to 6 of each. Then it will be 3 more mainganos and 5 more rusties for a total of 37 fishes.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i also want to add some saulosi to the group. i like the blue with black vertical bars and the good thing abt them is they are small so can have a nice breeding group in there. how abt:
2 rustys
5 saulosi

with all the tropical fishes transfered over to my 60g. can i have in total: 5 saulosi, 3 rusty, 3 miangano (afraid to add more bcoz they are much aggresive than all fishes in my tank? are there any mbuna other than red zebra that are red/orange in color?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store