Here's my new 120g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I would remove the Dollars and barbs buddy i know you have heard this time and time again but really i wouldn't have them in there but its your call my friend..

I have about 50 normal size Tangs in my 120gal and still have room for more.. You can add the Saulosi i have a colony of 1 male and 3 females in my 55gal they are sweet.. at least do 3 Rusty's as well.. Bump the Maingano's up to 6 you will thank me later..

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i will pittbull. i have set up the 60g now. i will transfer barb and dollars over. Also, got a general Q, is it safe to keep a 60g tank in the second floor????

the local LFS doesn't seem to get saulosi anytime sooner. hmmm :(

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
i can't get approval from my wife for more fishes... :(
Another friend with the same kind of problem!!!
Pitt and I told you to have 6 Mainganos because as they are a bit more aggressive, it is good to have a bigger group of them to spread aggression throughout more individuals of the same species. IME, you should apply the same rule to the rusties; I'm having some moderate aggression problem with my group of 4 rusties.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
No worries mr. cichlid and i hear you on the wife detail.. As for a 60gal aquarium weighing right at 480 LBS and that's just water weight not including the rock, substrate, tank and lids you may very well go over 500LBS re-inforcement of the flooring would be necessary or you may wake up in the morning and find you have a new solar roof window..

Man i just lost a crap load of Saulosi fry and a Saulosi Breeding male that was a bummer but i still have 3 Female and 1 male Saulosi plus i do have two fry Saulosi separate that had made it threw the water foul up..

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
hmmm....am planning to keep it in a bedroom along the inside wall...
i hope a bedroom can hold an entertainment center, a bed, and atleast two people...that should be well over 500lbs :)

pittbull...plan on shipping me a group of saulosi when ur tanks are back on track again...hahaha just kidding...

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
As for a 60gal aquarium weighing right at 480 LBS and that's just water weight not including the rock, substrate, tank and lids you may very well go over 500LBS re-inforcement of the flooring would be necessary or you may wake up in the morning and find you have a new solar roof window..

I'm sure you will hate that kind of window!

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah but all in one place at the same time i hope its a new floor hehehe.. hey i would be glad to hook you up on some saulosi fry i have 2 babies left from the falling out..

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
pittbull...you got me scared...so drained out all water from 60g... :(
now i have four tanks....120,60,55,29. will get an advertisement out for 60g...no space...
have ur tank on track and so i can get a group of 10 or so from the next gen he he he

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
cool deal i will remember you then on the Saulosi..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store