Hikari algae wafers and sinking wafers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jjanoch

AC Members
Mar 6, 2005
I drop 2 wafers into my 75g once per week. I know my cories are also getting food from my daily feedings of flake (or whatever) for the rest of the tank.

jamie1972

AC Members
Aug 21, 2006
In my 30g I put in 1 algae wafer each evening for our pleco during lights-on. He has to share it with 2 albino cories, 7 pink danios, 4 neons, 1 black skirt, and 2 cardinal tetras. (they come after his after they've eaten flakes, dried shrimp, and dried bloodworms) I skip a day of feeding once a week. Everyone is very healthy.

IMO.....you are overfeeding, thus clouding the water. Fish don't get that much to eat in the wild....so we're all probably over-feeding to some extent. But I would rec. cutting WAY back.

Good luck!

Aquabach

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
too much

Sounds like way to much food. 4 tablets of algae tablets. Wow.
clean your filter. Do a water change and use less food.
Do you only feed fish once? Feed 2 x but less. How bigs your pleco? I would only put 1 tab in a day and see how he is.
Maybe 1 night feed a little earlier and watch them eat. Any food left after 15 minutes should be removed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store