FREE HOLIDAY RAOK THREAD shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane of Upton

AC Members
Dec 23, 2005
Upton, MA
This is a great thread! Woo-Hoo!

RAOKs I have to offer:

1) Large portion (fistfull at least) of Najas guadalupensis, aka Guppy Grass. From a tank w/ Red ramshorns, MTS, and RCS, so potentially might have some tag-a-longs. This stuff grows floating, rooted, and is pretty indestructible. However, it is brittle when shipped, but the pieces will quickly start to grow. Undisturbed, it will form a taller grouping.

2) Regular Ramshorn snails - how many do you want, LOL?

Plus, I can add in some java moss - probably golf ball size, wadded up, to the first one who wants it.

I think I can get these into a Small Priority Mail box ($4.95). I recommend either know you'll be home, or I can label it HOLD AT POST OFFICE (for pickup) since its getting really cold now.

-Jane

Last edited by a moderator:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Hi Jane. I've removed your offer for Limnophila sessiliflora (aka Asian Ambula) from your post above. We don't allow that plant to be posted here, as it's banned by the USDA as a noxious weed. Can't sell it, ship it, or even give it away.

Here's a link to the Federal ban list as a reference:

http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxious?rptType=Federal

We certainly appreciate your other RAOK items... thanks for those and have a great holiday.

Jane of Upton

AC Members
Dec 23, 2005
Upton, MA
Hi Jane. I've removed your offer for Limnophila sessiliflora (aka Asian Ambula) from your post above. We don't allow that plant to be posted here, as it's banned by the USDA as a noxious weed. Can't sell it, ship it, or even give it away.
Oops, my apologies. I honestly didn't know that about THIS plant - I try to stay up to date on banned plants, and I'd gotten this one at a reputable LFS, so didn't even question it.

Thanks for the quick catch, and I won't offer it again!
-Jane

Jane of Upton

AC Members
Dec 23, 2005
Upton, MA
One box of Najas claimed, Still more available!

And let me add:

- Duckweed, a good portion, enough to cover the surface of a 10 g tank (I'll take it from the two 10's which are half covered and need clearing). I didn't know folks actually WANTED this stuff, but hey, if you do...... I'll send it!

- Rotala indica, at least 8-10 good stems. Its been in my 5.5g, and pretty well lit, as it has a nice pinkish hue.

1) Large portion (fistfull at least) of Najas guadalupensis, aka Guppy Grass. From a tank w/ Red ramshorns, MTS, and RCS, so potentially might have some tag-a-longs. This stuff grows floating, rooted, and is pretty indestructible. However, it is brittle when shipped, but the pieces will quickly start to grow. Undisturbed, it will form a taller grouping.

2) Regular Ramshorn snails - how many do you want, LOL?

Plus, I can add in some java moss - probably golf ball size, wadded up, to the first one who wants it.

I think I can get these into a Small Priority Mail box ($4.95). I recommend either know you'll be home, or I can label it HOLD AT POST OFFICE (for pickup) since its getting really cold now.

-Jane

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
I've been afforded some very generous RAOK gifts, and I'd like to return that tonight.

I'd like to offer up a few plants.

A 5Gal portion of Duckweed
Small portion of Water Sprite
Small clippings of Cobomba

This offer is available for shipping to lower 48 states, free.

First PM with name, address, and choices of plants gets it.

Happy Holiday's!

Shawn

Jane of Upton

AC Members
Dec 23, 2005
Upton, MA
Update on availability (basically, everything accounted for already)

I'll get packages out on Saturday

UPDATE

1) Large portion (fistfull at least) of Najas guadalupensis, aka Guppy Grass. From a tank w/ Red ramshorns, MTS, and RCS, so potentially might have some tag-a-longs. This stuff grows floating, rooted, and is pretty indestructible. However, it is brittle when shipped, but the pieces will quickly start to grow. Undisturbed, it will form a taller grouping. ALL PROMISED (gone)

2) Regular Ramshorn snails - how many do you want, LOL? ALL PROMISED

Plus, I can add in some java moss - probably golf ball size, wadded up, to the first one who wants it. PROMISED Already

-Jane

Jane of Upton

AC Members
Dec 23, 2005
Upton, MA
Update - These too have been claimed.

- Duckweed, a good portion, enough to cover the surface of a 10 g tank (I'll take it from the two 10's which are half covered and need clearing). I didn't know folks actually WANTED this stuff, but hey, if you do...... I'll send it! Claimed

- Rotala indica, at least 8-10 good stems. Its been in my 5.5g, and pretty well lit, as it has a nice pinkish hue. Claimed

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store