How many of you have visited a Public Aquarium? and more...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

If Yes, How many have you Visited?

• I have been to an Aquarium

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have been to 2-3 Aquariums

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • I have been to 4+ Aquariums

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • I have never been to an Aquarium but I have visited Zoos to see the Aquarium exhibits..

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have visited so many Aquariums and Zoos I can hardly keep track...

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have not been to an Aquarium or Zoo with Aquarium.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
My favorite exhibit is at the Camden Aquarium, the hippo exhibit. All throughout the water you can see large HUGE groups of african cichlids. It's amazing. At the North Carolin Aquarium, I really loved the Open StingRay petting tank. It was an amazing experience. But In general, I love aquariums!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I like the SA river exhibit at Adventure Aquarium in Camden. They have a Black Pacu that anyone interested in buying one of these fish should have to see before they buy one. It's about 3' in diameter, and 7"or 8" thick. It has to weigh 60 lbs +.

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I have been to 2 aquariums. My favorite is Mystic aquarium in Connecticut. My favorite exibet there would have to be either the beluga whale exhibit or the freshwater marsh exhibit.

Polish

You like Dags?
May 18, 2008
FW-IN-USA
My favorite exhibit is at the Camden Aquarium, the hippo exhibit. All throughout the water you can see large HUGE groups of african cichlids. It's amazing. At the North Carolin Aquarium, I really loved the Open StingRay petting tank. It was an amazing experience. But In general, I love aquariums!
Awesome, thanks for being specific. :)

I like the SA river exhibit at Adventure Aquarium in Camden. They have a Black Pacu that anyone interested in buying one of these fish should have to see before they buy one. It's about 3' in diameter, and 7"or 8" thick. It has to weigh 60 lbs +.
I agree, they get bigger than most people could ever imagine.

I have been to 2 aquariums. My favorite is Mystic aquarium in Connecticut. My favorite exibet there would have to be either the beluga whale exhibit or the freshwater marsh exhibit.
What was in the Marsh exhibit?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
could the native tanks at places like cabelas and bass pro shops count too? i always spend half an hours atleast watching the fish in their tanks
same here, I always end up rushing to buy what i actually came for because I spent so much time watching the fish....

THATS HUUUUGE!

I've only been do the new england aquarium in boston, and my favorite exibits would either be the giant circular tank that you walk around with sharks, turtles and all kinds of fish, or the seal exibits. I remember when I played peek a boo with a seal in the tank out front a few years ago. I also like how you can always view the seals for free!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
I have been to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, problem was I did not get to see very much at all. It was on a business conference and host of the conference had rented the aquarium, unfortunately I spent far too much time having to shake hands and swap business cards to actually look at anything. Shame really.

I really enjoy seeing the Amazon exhibit at the National Zoo in DC, the image of a group of Discus swimming in the huge tank with Arowana pretty much made me decide one day I want a large tank with Discus.

Also been to the Sea Life Center in Portsmouth, England, but don't remember any of it really. Hoping to get to the Baltimore Aquarium sometime next week.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
I've been to the Monterrey Aquarium, and i Loved the Kelp tank there.

The Georgia Aquarium, it was ok, the Whale sharks were really cool, but the rest was just ok. It was very crowded and didn't take long to see everything twice....

The Aquarium on Guam was very disappointing. Being an aquarium, you would expect them to have most of their fish easy to see, and in a great setting, after all you are paying $21 just to see the fish. Well I found snorkeling for free in the chest deep reefs offered a much higher concentration of aquatic life and a larger diversity as well.

The Mystic Aquarium, it was just OK for me as well.

The Tennessee Aquarium was awesome. Cost to enter is about $25, but it's worth it. They have so much to see, and wide range of habitats. My favorites were the freshwater native river tanks. the catfish and gar were HUGE. In their smaller native tanks I love that they used live plants as often as they could.....

The Indianapolis Zoo, Great place to visit, and they really did a great job of making each enclosure look like their native habitats. They have a pretty nice Waters building with a touch tank. easy to spend a lot of time in there.

The Birmingham Zoo was just ok. The predator building was pretty depressing though as the enclosures were small and most of the animals looked "depressed". they did have an elevated outdoor pond with glass viewing on the sides. It was a cool concept, however the acrylic was scratched and there was so much algae it was difficult to see anything in the pond.

The Cincinnati Zoo was a lot of fun years ago when I went, the Polar bear area was the best part though...

The Knoxville Zoo was pretty cool, down side is many exhibits were closed. Positive is they were closed so they could revamp the areas to make them more natural for the animals. The zoo staff was very friendly.......

The Nashville zoo was pretty nice, try to avoid going on a weekend though...

I know there are more I've been too, just to much to write for now.....

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
there was not a choice for me

I have been to a few aquariums. Near me is Pt Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.

my fav aquarium was the shark tank.
Zoo exhibit was Polar exhibit.. I was also impressed when I saw the snow leopards..absolutely stunning cats.

I love Big Cats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store