How many of you have visited a Public Aquarium? and more...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

If Yes, How many have you Visited?

• I have been to an Aquarium

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have been to 2-3 Aquariums

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • I have been to 4+ Aquariums

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • I have never been to an Aquarium but I have visited Zoos to see the Aquarium exhibits..

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have visited so many Aquariums and Zoos I can hardly keep track...

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have not been to an Aquarium or Zoo with Aquarium.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Hmmm, my favorit exipity was the jellyfish one. I just love how the jellies just float around and look so weightless, makes me wonder if humans will look like that after thousands of years in space...

patrick.paul

Geek Inside
Jul 13, 2010
NorCal/Bay Area
Real Name
Patrick..
I'm an active member of the Monterey Bay Aquarium in CA. It's just about an hour south of me. LOVE IT :) My favorite is the mola mola (aka the Ocean Sunfish) from the Outer Bay exhibit.

Best Regards,
Patrick

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
If you are ever in Australia, the Sydney Aquarium is worth a visit.

http://sydneyaquarium.myfun.com.au/Exhibits-and-Animals/The-Experience.htm

The big walk-through pools, one with Dugons and smaller fish, the other with big sharks and rays. The reef tank that you actually walk though. Glass floor, roof and walls. It puts you in the tank, and the fish swim around you. And dozens of smaller exhibits with all sort of interesting critters.

Well worth a visit if you are in that part of the world.

I'm from NZ, so it's 3-4 hours flying to get there :(

Ian

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
If you are ever in Australia, the Sydney Aquarium is worth a visit.

http://sydneyaquarium.myfun.com.au/Exhibits-and-Animals/The-Experience.htm

The big walk-through pools, one with Dugons and smaller fish, the other with big sharks and rays. The reef tank that you actually walk though. Glass floor, roof and walls. It puts you in the tank, and the fish swim around you. And dozens of smaller exhibits with all sort of interesting critters.

Well worth a visit if you are in that part of the world.

I'm from NZ, so it's 3-4 hours flying to get there :(

Ian
I was in Sydney back in 1981. The Zoo / Aquarium was greaat.

Best wishes,
Wes

My all time fav though was not a zoo or an aquarium it was just enjoying nature right where it was while scuba diving where I was and seeing the wouinders there. Or while I was on Missionarionary journy to Botswana in the kalahari desert I saw many wounderous things there too. around the world 11 times takes one to many places to see many things. It's really hard to choose which is my fav.

Best wishes,
Wes

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
What was in the Marsh exhibit?
The marsh exhibit was an outdoor marsh full of fish, frogs, turtles, etc. There was a boardwalk over it so people could view different parts of it. The marsh was full of plants such as lily pads and other plants commonly found in marshes of the area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store