How to apply a background?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
Seaview is nothing but oil, and baby oil does the same, which is not very well. Maybe this will save you a few bucks.

Sawyer

AC Members
Apr 24, 2009
Do you put it on the inside back of the tank? I thought you put it on the back, not on the inside.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
OK. I am going to do the oil thing today to one of my tanks and see how this all works out. (I see that when I have water behind my taped background, where the water is it looks brighter and darker.... so I figure thats the look that will occur all around by using an oil)

Thing is which is better?

Vaseline, baby oil, Veggie oil????

mtnhomedude

AC Members
Apr 2, 2007
Ok I just did the Vaseline!! And it came out ok, better than just taping it up!! The blue is really vibrant!! But my tank was already set up so getting the bubbles out was tough!! and in some places the Vaseline is thick and kinda looks like thin clouds!! Im gonna continue rubbing them out a little each day!!
Right now My plants look rough and I also did a rescaping, So Im not gonna post a pic just yet but maybe in a couple of weeks when my plants look better I'll post some pics!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store