How to Say Cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dexmaster

Space Monkey
Mar 17, 2008
Michigan
Real Name
Jeremiah
lol work for a petstore and comes in many many forms not just two. #2 is the way I pronounce it. Some times I get CHILLids and CHEEKlids those are the other two I hear most often at least.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
just by looking at the word 'cichlid' i don't know how anyone would get a 'ch' noise out of 'ci'.......... it's pronounced sicklid, and there is no other way! lol.
That's because they never had phonics in school and don't know that c can also sound like s. They see a c and think cackle, clock, car, cream...ca ca ca caca.

It's SICK lid not SEEK lid. Anytime you hear chicklid walk away. That person has no clue what they are talking about and will tell you most likely that guppies can go with oscars.

And Chiclets are fun-sized gum/candy that are awesome!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
THREAD CLOSED!
Umm, chill. That's not how things work here. Moderators close threads. Having continued discussion is what makes this forum so great. There may be topics that come up again after not having been discussed for months or even years. There's always new people in the hobby who might have the same question. Having a pissy about someone adding information is unnecessary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store