How to Say Cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

secuono

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
VA, USA
I think it's when you are looking at the word, you end up looking at the center of cichlid and it just looks so unusual. I say it chicklid even though I know that's not right. I end up reading it 'ch' 'i 'c' 'lid', from the ch, backwards to c and then the end. It's just how I read/look at the word, I'm drawn to the center and the whole word is odd and it messes me up. Plus, who wants to say 'sick' 'lid', that is even weirder, since when do lids get sick...lol

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
I think it's when you are looking at the word, you end up looking at the center of cichlid and it just looks so unusual. I say it chicklid even though I know that's not right. I end up reading it 'ch' 'i 'c' 'lid', from the ch, backwards to c and then the end. It's just how I read/look at the word, I'm drawn to the center and the whole word is odd and it messes me up. Plus, who wants to say 'sick' 'lid', that is even weirder, since when do lids get sick...lol
this happens to me too!!!
when i saw this thread i was like oh no i have a problem here
p.s. i rather dislike chiclet gum

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
this happens to me too!!!
when i saw this thread i was like oh no i have a problem here
p.s. i rather dislike chiclet gum
So...I'm not the only one! I last year I though it was pronounced chicklid and later was corrected. I still wanna say chicklid in my mind though...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store