hybrids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Originally posted by peifc
"the most intensely red Devel are the Blood Parrots, which are actually matuant Red Devel, not a new hybrid as most believe."

I hope you don't really believe that...and ended up giving people wrong information in the future. I went into "The Cichlid Room Companion" and read (ask Pam) that Blood Parrot is hybrid...man made fish. Do get accurate information before you mention something like that in the forum. AND Blood Parrot started in Asia...and YES, it is hybrid. AND they have just also imported another kind of Blood Parrot...called KingKong Blood Parrot that has the same body as Midas, the mouth can be able to close, can be aggressived, develops a hump as it gets older, and can get to 12" or 14".

How I know? I saw that at my LFS. And how I know they are aggressive? Flowerhorn was housed in the same tank as that fish. And that FM was running for his live.
Who says your information is right.........;)

What I'm saying is that you dont have any solid proof that a blood parrot cichlid is a hybrid between two species yet you basically told another member that they were.Not only that but you told them they were wrong in thinking they were inbred red devils/midas.

Until someone has solid proof then its just one persons opinion over the over the other, so there are no right or wrong answers;)

I personally think that blood parrots are the result of a freak mutatated red devil/midas that was then line bred to produce the BP we know and love(or in many cases hate).But I certainly would not tell someone else this as gospel.

robbryan

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2010
I have a female texas cichlid and a male green terror is it poss for them to breed and if so what would it look like hybrids are cool.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I realize it's not the "cool" thing to admit, but I love our hybrid fish. We have some blood parrots and they're just pets! They really interact with us. And TODAY, we just got a flowerhorn. I've wanted one for some time and just recently discovered that there is an awesome LFS in Annandale, VA that has tons of them. Found one we liked and brought him home -- Yay!!!

BadFishPa

AC Members
Sep 19, 2008
Ok heres my thought..Why worry about them cross beeding in your tank,just kill off the fry and no harm done if you dont want hybreds..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store