I built a couple boxes.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
As much work as you do on your tanks...be really creative and make a hood that lifts up almost a full 90 degrees for easy access without having to remove it.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I was wondering how to build it but thought something simple to lift right off ? Not sure yet , we'll see.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Could be good for you..just hate lifting mine off for major work, and you rearrange a lot.

Something with a sliding hinge, in reverse of ones for a dropleaf desk front...

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Looks great!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
could you make a rim to sit on the tank edge, hinges would be attached to the rim & the canopy, when you lift up the canopy, it lifts easy from the hinges, and it would be strong enough to hold its own weight up.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
awesome job! i love the simple clean lines. now you need a low profile canopy that's half the height of the boxes, in white to match. dang, that would look good.......

AngeloG

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!! I was the one u thought of the canopy 1st!!! Im not sharing the credit! LOL!..... Heres a few more ideas. The lid can be propped up with a stick on a hinge like the back of a grand piano. ....How about another 2 boxes or just one rectangular one for guess to sit in front and drool over that sweet tank?.... Move the boxes to the sides a little more. Looks weird so close to the tank. Okay. Last one. Cover the black trim of the tank with the same laminate. Then do the corners of the tank. That would look sweeeeeeet!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store