I built a couple boxes.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!! I was the one u thought of the canopy 1st!!! Im not sharing the credit! LOL!.....
lmao! i was merely elaborating on your idea and adding specifics. all you said was to get to work building a canopy, lol.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions. To answer , the reason I made them was to cover/hide the filters and equipment. If I move them away from the stand then it would look weirder.
I was wondering what would look best for the color of the hood and now that Betta mentioned white , you know , it just might look better in white, as long as I can find the mica , I got the last peice they had at lowes and h depot didn't have any colors :(
The covering the existing black frame and doing the corners would look cool but I don't think I am going to go there.

DD, thank you sweetheart :)

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i think doing all the edging / covering the black trim would be white overkill. you want some contrast there to make the tank stand out from the white around it. besides, the black trim goes with the furniture, lol.

AngeloG

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
I love the fact that people arent limited to whats available in stores. A lil imagination n know how goes a long way.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I got the hood started today. I should have it done tomorrow except for the lighting. Thanks for puting the thought in my head AngeloG :)

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Chris, it's funny how I keep finding something to do with the tanks and all :) I'm pretty stoked about the hood. I never liked hoods because I thought they look to big and bulky. Mine is going to be about 6" tall. Pics to come as usual.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store