I crossed over 1st sw 29g from day 1.-

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HaKs310

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Gardena, CA
Sounds good. Forgot to mention a BIG peice of the puzzle in my last reply: You will also need a skimmer, CPR and Coralife both sell budget friendly ones. I used to run a CPR on my 29g reef, i loved that it had small compartment where I could place a bag full of carbon so no other HOB was needed.

Both nori and brown algea will work. You can do both to provide a variety.

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
I am not putting a skimmer on here yet unless i find one cheap because i am just setting up this 30 in order to get a few things established and then i am going to be upgrading within 6 months or so to my 55...then i will be DEFINATELY getting the skimmer and doing away with the two HOB filters.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it however. I looked up the two skimmers you mentioned and liked the CPR as well...
i will keep that in my favorites to pull up when it comes time for me to buy!

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
that would be a good thought, but I currently am using my 55 for a FW setup and also a 90 for FW. I am trying to get rid of the 90 for a predrilled 55 or a 75.......I am not tearing down my current 55..

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
so i think i have my 90 gal tank sold...therefore now i get to start looking for a new tank...probably going bowfront this time for i think those look like they give you so much most space, prob between 55-75 gallons. I will build my fuge from the 30 gal tank that i have now...hopefully that will work...we will see...

HaKs310

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Gardena, CA
Bowfronts look nice but they give you a distorted view when looking at them. I would go ahead and get a 75g, they're the same lenght as a 55g but give you more depth which makes them easier to aquascape.

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
with the 75 are the taller than a 55?

that's my problem with my 90 it is soo hard for me to clean it. even with a ladder i can't reach the bottom or get the entire back of the tank because it is against the wall..
i have never seen a bowfront up and running just pictures on here...thanks for that info about the distortion.

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
I absolutely despise looking into bow fronts. Just horrible! Yuck!

Do look at one first. It may not bother you... (Just everyone else that looks at it.)

Oh, and don't get me started on the ridiculous stand issues that come pouring forth too.

Rokwell

AC Members
May 1, 2008
hey! so im looking to set up my first tank much like you have and am trying to decide how much live rock to get ( i know for all the trolls out there that I need roughly 1.5ish pounds per gallon ) but I was wondering if you could post some dimensions and how much each piece you have weighed... sorry for the weird question

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store