I find the coolest infections >.< Don't click if you're squeemish...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
**** it. I thought I was in the clear when I scrolled down. Even worse. At least Bally's isn't bloody.
I snapped a few pics right after I lanced and drained it. It was still bleeding a bit, and I couldn't hold the camera and wipe away the blood with the same hand.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Glad you are on the mend. Be glad you didn't need a fasciiotomy. I had necrotizing fasciitis, that was not good. But, I had a plastic surgeon do my surgeries (four total), for my infection, so at least the scars are minimal.

Emily

Strgazr

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Blanchard, OK
Visit site
That is awesome! I had to put down a Betta last summer that probably had fish TB. Just saying for others that may not have recognized mycobacterium marinum - it's also called fish TB, although it's not actually related to human TB, just that the bacteria look very similar. I researched it some last summer, but the only pictures I saw were healed over.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
lol I should post pictures of all my trauma injuries but I wont
Not doing what you know you should is a serious character flaw. Do the right thing!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
That's out of hand! I've had a pretty nasty staph infection before; didn't have as big a wound as that, though!
They aren't fun at all!

I have had MRSA, be thankful yours wasn't. Neither one is anything to play around with or try home remedies on. Glad to see your ulcer filled in and healed up. I came close to losing my leg from it and still have a weak leg. It might not strengthen up and here 3 years later I still have to have PT for it. Hope yours heals faster!
It was awful, the drs said had I waited a day or so more it would have been in my bone, glad I caught it. Glad to hear you healed up well

That.......was........awesome!!! I wanna poke it with a stick!! ;)

no maggots thank goodness, I don't think I could handle that. I had to pack it twice a day with gauze and every day or so make the gauze a bit shorter so it could heal from the bottom up.
:22_yikes:

I'm just glad your on the mend..
Thanks!!
Mycobacterium marinum infection. Self treated.
Gross...

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
heres what happens when you fall down 2 stairs.......... looks alot worse then what you see.. still have a good scar.

leg.jpg

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
got too the point where i could barely even walk on that let, hitting cement side walk really messed my leg up.
in that pic, i didnt even know i had cut my leg ( i was drunk ) tell i was limping and felt blood dripping down my leg.....

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They aren't fun at all!

It was awful, the drs said had I waited a day or so more it would have been in my bone, glad I caught it. Glad to hear you healed up well

That.......was........awesome!!! I wanna poke it with a stick!! ;)

no maggots thank goodness, I don't think I could handle that. I had to pack it twice a day with gauze and every day or so make the gauze a bit shorter so it could heal from the bottom up.

Thanks!!

Gross...
Just an fyi, if you get a repeat, there's an amazing wound care product out there called Medihoney. FAR superior to gauze for packing wounds. I'll have to post before and after pics of my leg when I banged it up. If your doctor doesn't offer it, demand it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store