"i grow stripe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
his "stripe" is no longer a stripe!!!! It is huge!!! like half an inch or more!!!
I'm starting to worry that it's not growth, but the yellow part is going away. is that possible? or is it really just really fast growth?

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
i wouldnt worry to much about the change. one of my A Spixis turned from a bright yellow/maroon (sp)stripe to nearly completly maroon. acting the same,health the same ,eating the same. my other 3 Adults havnt changed appearence. all params ok. will have to take a pic in the morning and post here.

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
okay, i'm starting to think that it's not rapid shell growth anymore. take a look at these pictures--it's like the gold shell is wearing away. the layer outside now is kind of transparent, like you can see his wastes.. :(

IMG_0576.JPG IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0610.JPG

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
his shell looks pretty healthy other than the color change. If he is eating and acting well, i wouldn't get too worried.

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
oh..he is eating and acting well, but the "color change" is more like a different shell layer now..

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
can you turn the temp down in the tank, because higher temp makes them grow faster, but with a thinner shell. if the temp is lower slower growth which gives the snail more time to grow a thicker and harder shell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store