"i grow stripe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
heres the pics of the colour change, you can clearly see that the A Spixi has gone from striped to almost sold colour. theres a pick of 1 still all striped.

IMG_2088.JPG IMG_2090.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2089.JPG

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
With your apple snail, i was just reading on another site that they can have some pretty drastic color changes when their food changes. Perhaps since this is an "albino" snail, that is what you are seeing...just a guess.

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
ohhh..!!!! albino!!! That'd be really cool to have, but mine's shell (the wierd white layer) is kind of yellow. :pikachu:

LuxyBlue

Everything's Eventual
Feb 19, 2008
Dallas, TX
My gold and pearl both looked lighter when they had growth spurts, and then the color (I am assuming shell thickness) caught up. They looked just like your pics. They were small though and grew very fast as my tank was heated, and they were from petsmart where all they were fed were clippings from plants that no one but canas eat and now they get food.

My mother in laws didn't look the same as she never fed them at all and let them get what scraps they could. :( So I am assuming they grew very slowly. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Like Jinkzd said, if they are eating and acting normal, I wouldn't worry. Lowering the tank temp can help. Do you give any calcium to them?

NilsBaees

Smile!
Sep 22, 2007
Northern California
no, I tried putting a vacation block (the plaster or paris ones) because I've been recommended to do so by someone, but no one paid any attention to it. :(

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
it will buffer the water not nessesary for the snails to eat, but if found they will graze on it.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
just by being in the tank, the vacation feeders help the shell. It buffers the water which reduces erosion of the shell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store