I need help to identify this anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
i had a bit of a disaster last night my anemone was ok at about 0330hrs this morning but at 0730hrs i came down stairs to find my tank water a milky white colour which puzzled me then to my horror i noticed that my anemone had made its way upto my powerhaed and had completely covered the 3/4 of the intake (which was screened) with 3/4 of its foot and the other part was covered with the nems side and as a result the nems side was split i imediatley turned off the powerhead and went back to bed as their was not much i could do. a few hours later when i awoke the nem had released itself and was fully open it is now 10hrs later and the nem is fully open apart from the side where the injury is which is curled towards the mouth obviousley it is protecting the wound.

What should i do and what are its chances, please help.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Sorry, it go hurt do you see anything in the water that looks sort of like white noodles? You'll want to feed it small amounts ,"very small like the size of a damsels head", amounts of food everyday until it colors up again. It may or may not color back up with a little tlc and very stable water conditions. I will say that they are slow to bounce back and they can be rather difficult to heal from bad conditions or trauma.
The most honest answer I can give is that it most likely won't recover from it's injury unless you can keep your water about perfect. If you have a clown put a critter keeper or a strawberry basket over the anem to keep the fish from loving it to death. You'll also want to keep a very close eye on it because if it melts down it will go pretty fast. There is a decent chance that it will recover if it has enough reserves and it doesn't have any more set backs.
As to the crab I'd say you would be less likely to have issues from it than the blue legs they can be little rats!
hth sorry and keep a very close eye on it.
chris

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
Here is a photo of how it looks today and i will post another of the injury when and if the nem turns. The injury is where the side is beginning to curl inwards you can just start to see the pink side of the nem.

nem.jpg

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
ok, it's almost completly bleach and it's really sensative to nitrates so the cursed umh, crushed coral will have to go if you want to keep it long term,"or don't keep any fish but, what fun would that be?" There really isn't anything else you can do for it.
sorry
Chris

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
it's weak,hurt and stressed try a little phyto and a little zoo . Is there a hole all the way into it's body cavity?

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
if you mean at the injury site then i would say yes as a small ammount of yellow stuff is protruding. Which is bad isn't it? It would'nt take the food so the cleaner shrimp ended up with it.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
well it depends if it goes all the way into the body cavity they reproduce by tearing themselves in half so all isn't lost. I sent you a pm if you'd like come into the chat and I'll help you real time.

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
At the moment i am so fed up i feel like throwing in the towel as i have had one set back after an other if its not battling slime algae its something else i do the best i can and i feel as though i am just throwing money down the drain. I do water changes 10% every week, I have a friend who set up the same day as i did we both changed from tropical that was 61/2 months ago he does not care at all he has done one water change in 6 months and that was about 5 months ago he has one t8 bulb and he does'nt have half of the problems that i have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store