If you could keep any reptile or amphibian.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well my current gecko on my wish list is a Rhacodactylus Leachianus otherwise know as a New Caledonian Gian Gecko there just so cool, so any one have a couple thousand i can borrow so i can get a pair or two.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I got 3. I love big. Big is awesome. So here are the 3 titans I would own if I could.

1 Salty Croc

2 Komodo Dragon

3 Green Anaconda

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
ger... can't decide if you want to be eaten whole or chomped to bits? lol

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
I have always had a soft spot for anoles.
Me, too! Used to catch them (and let them go) when I was a kid. Recently considered getting one/some but I'm not one for handling live crickets.

My ultimate choice, however, would be a Texas Horned Toad! Unfortunately, they are endangered in the wild and very hard to care for properly in captivity. But, oh, they are beautiful.

TXHornedLizard_1.jpg

TXHornedLizard_2.jpg

TXHornedLizard_1.jpg TXHornedLizard_2.jpg

flyingpenguin

AC Members
Jul 5, 2010
Okay as user_name said realistically I would get a white morph bearded dragon. However I can't find one where I live, and I don't have the space.

lcm.jpg mhypo1.jpg whm.jpg

froggsong

AC Members
Nov 10, 2009
Me, too! Used to catch them (and let them go) when I was a kid. Recently considered getting one/some but I'm not one for handling live crickets.

My ultimate choice, however, would be a Texas Horned Toad! Unfortunately, they are endangered in the wild and very hard to care for properly in captivity. But, oh, they are beautiful.

View attachment 131859

View attachment 131860

Wow, a pet store here in town has about 50 of those, and they are endangered? Tsk tsk on them... They are pretty cool though. I thought about it really hard for a few minutes before I decided I already have too many herps... lol The way they burrow into the substrate and bury everything but their eyes and nose was too cute! Now my question is why the heck is a lizard refereed to a a toad???

I'm not sure what I would get if there were no restrictions on space, price, etc...

It's not a specific herp, so I'm not following the rules, but one day I want to build my own house, and in the center of the house there will be a huge room with glass walls. Inside that room there will be a habitat that varies from tropical to desert environs and I will keep the coolest mixed enclosure ever seen. :D Nothing would be any bigger than an iguana, if even that big, but that's only because I like smaller critters. It will have waterfalls, ponds, trees, bushes, arid grasslands, etc... Of course, this is going to take alot of space and alot of money! So, it will have to wait until I'm rich, lol...

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Wow, a pet store here in town has about 50 of those, and they are endangered? Tsk tsk on them... They are pretty cool though. I thought about it really hard for a few minutes before I decided I already have too many herps... lol The way they burrow into the substrate and bury everything but their eyes and nose was too cute! Now my question is why the heck is a lizard refereed to a a toad???

I'm not sure what I would get if there were no restrictions on space, price, etc...

It's not a specific herp, so I'm not following the rules, but one day I want to build my own house, and in the center of the house there will be a huge room with glass walls. Inside that room there will be a habitat that varies from tropical to desert environs and I will keep the coolest mixed enclosure ever seen. :D Nothing would be any bigger than an iguana, if even that big, but that's only because I like smaller critters. It will have waterfalls, ponds, trees, bushes, arid grasslands, etc... Of course, this is going to take alot of space and alot of money! So, it will have to wait until I'm rich, lol...
There are several horned lizard species, but my understanding is that the Texas is listed as Protected (at least in Texas). Not sure about the others, or Federal protection. I wonder if the ones at that store were captive-bred or maybe they were a diff. species?

The "toad" name is due to the body shape (obviously ignoring the tail, lol). And I think the Latin name references its toad-like qualities. FYI, the really traditional moniker for them in Texas is Horny Toad! :)

Love the idea of the house with habitat-cental in the middle of it all. Might have to win the really big lottery for that one!

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
well my current gecko on my wish list is a Rhacodactylus Leachianus otherwise know as a New Caledonian Gian Gecko there just so cool, so any one have a couple thousand i can borrow so i can get a pair or two.
Ozy, either a leachie or chewie on my list too. The chewie I hear is alot nicer and cheaper too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store