If you could only have one pleco in your tank, what would it be?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
All my favorite plec's (can't decide a number one...too many cool ones!) are the Zebra, Gold Nugget, Red Tail Black Spot, Brown Zebra, and King Tiger. I have all but the first one. One can find rare plecs on the internet by doing a Google search or by looking in your lfs. Most lfs have at least one or two rare guys.

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
I really like the L-200s and the vampire plecos. But this guy is my favorite. I just got him about 3-4 months ago. He really has a lot of personality. He is a Goldie or Sunshine pleco L-14. He is about 8-9".

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I may have to break down and get a pleco. I only want one and I want it to be small. Are there others besides the clown?/candystripe? pleco? I've seen these at a couple different lfs's and they say 4"max size. Any comments on them?

clayt101

Registered Abuser
If I am not limited to just one (and not limited in aquarium size), I would like to have a Royal, a Goldy and an Albino Gibby in a 180 gallon.

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
I would have to go with my Mango. I just love the green color.
That Scarlet one is indeed beautiful. I may to see if I can get one.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
For me it would depend on tank size for a smaller tank I would get a L-001 ( if I could find a place to buy them) but for a bigger tank I would go for a gibbiceps. But even with the gibbiceps I would have to choose between the albino and non-albino gibbiceps. I would also like a rhino pleco. They are all closely related just incase you didnt know.

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Well, I just got 1 of the 3 that I want. I just got a baby goldie. About 2 inches long. Right now I am trying to make sure it starts eating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store