If you could only have one pleco in your tank, what would it be?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Originally posted by GER1023
For me it would depend on tank size for a smaller tank I would get a L-001 ( if I could find a place to buy them) but for a bigger tank I would go for a gibbiceps. But even with the gibbiceps I would have to choose between the albino and non-albino gibbiceps. I would also like a rhino pleco. They are all closely related just incase you didnt know.
L001 grows to 8"-10".. No small tank for them! Mine is 10 inches and my 60 gallon might be a tad small for him...

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
clayt101-

Congrats on your new goldie. You will love him. Try sticking some frozen bloodworms in the gravel in front of where your goldie hangs out. Mine absolutely loves the frozen bloodworms (live ones too, but they are harder for him to find since they burrow into the gravel a bit). Mine also likes cucumber and zucchini. Mine will not eat algae wafers. Good luck with him. I hope you can post some pics of him.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I know L-001 gets about 10" just saying smaller tank since a gibbiceps gets 18" and a rhino gets 12". So it would be a smaller tank not like a 20 gal or anything. Just a smaller tank then the gibby is what I was trying to get at.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store