I'M AT WAR!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lozt

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
3 adult blood parrots in 75 gallon tank. they are generally messy eaters and i don't even think they can see copepods since they are so small. my parrots don't eat them, that's for sure, so they just keep populating.
anyway, i resolved the problem with copper based meds. (at least it looks like they are all gone)

just a
warning to anyone who might end up reading this with the same problem i had.. . don't use copper based meds if you have coral or any invertebrates, they will die from it.
oh one more thing, be sure to get a copper test kit even if you're following the dosage exactly as instructed just to be safe.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Unfortunate...didn't know you were going to copper route, most definitely NOT safe with any inverts.

In the future smaller fish will very much appreciate copepods. It's free food, I'd just harvest it personally...

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Get ready for a mini cycle. Even though they're small, if there are as many as you've implied, ammonia spikes may be on the way.

lozt

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
I didn't even know about it until recently, but even then I had to think twice about it, but eventually thought it was best.
My fishes did look a little stressed from the copper even though I only used half of what was suggested, but today they look like they are doing much better.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye our for it.
(most of them are gone already, tired out the tank after the bleach, but there maybe some that are still stuck on the fish itself or plants, so shouldn't be that many left)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and comments.
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store