<insert interesting thread title here>

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

equus_peduus

Constantly Confused
May 8, 2007
Bay Area, CA
equus peduus. horse foot?
Yep. Short for equestrian pedestrian. Came from a sign near my parents' place (on a major road: "equestrians, pedestrians and bicyclists prohbited"), and the need to come up with a name for hotmail many years ago when equestrian pedestrian was too long... And it's pretty unique, so I've never yet had to try to come up with another nick for anything I've ever signed up for :) Though I don't think that "peduus" is good Latin (it matched "equus" which is), but then again, I've never taken Latin, so who knows?
yeah, those oddstripe loaches are pretty cool.
I love that loach... my other two are normal, and he's normal on the other side, but second to the pleco, I'd be saddest if he died... Lucky for me, he (and the other fish) are doing well, despite all the abuse I've heaped on the tank (you guys don't even want to know...)
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I was just spicing up the welcomes with some random commentary. In all seriousness, though, welcome to AC! Really glad to have you join us!
I'm really good at being confused. I feel like I spend much of my life in a state of not quite sure what's going on... I suppose, though, that I'll have to get better about that if I'm going to be successful as a veterinarian... or at least, learn how to fake it pretty well! If nothing else, though at least I can say big words now, after almost three years of education! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store