Is This a True SAE?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Nice TTA...off topic but what size tank do you have them in, and how big are they? I want some for my 150 but the biggest fish I'll have are gouramis and I don't want the denisoniis to be visually overpowering.

fwfan

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Nice TTA...off topic but what size tank do you have them in, and how big are they? I want some for my 150 but the biggest fish I'll have are gouramis and I don't want the denisoniis to be visually overpowering.
The Roselines? I usually seem them about 2-3" when they are on sale, but have seen them in the Big Al display tanks as big as 5-6" (surprisingly big)

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Dont worry about Jeff beating you by a few hours.... it took him 4 years to do it. :)

That's absolutely crazy :jaw:. I didn't look to see how old this thread is. Wow.

Not saying I knew 4 years ago. I just saw them for the first time at Albany Aquarium a few months ago. They had them on special "3 for $99.99":jaw-dropping:

When the day comes(that day is a few years away) and I get a 180g or bigger, a few of these will definitely find their way in there.

The story I was talking about is what I read at Albany Aquarium. From what their little sign said, these things haven't been bred in captivity. Not just in an aquarium, but any kind of captivity(pond farm or anything). In order to get these guys, they have to take a train, and then backpack into their natural habitat, and then hike them out, get back on the train...and there you go.

So, I kind of paraphrased. By "kind of", I mean, I really killed the story by skimming over most of the exciting details.

Anyway, that's why they are so expensive.

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
At Aquarium Adventure here the last time I was in I think they were $55 each, so 3 / $99.99 isnt too bad ;).

The price seems to change though when they get new shipments... last fall when they had there big 40% everything sale they were $39.99 plus 40% off so I got eight for my 240g :) better yet they actually miscounted and gave me 9 :headbang2: but unfortunately 3 didnt make it in my QT :cry:. Franks also sels them for $18 at http://www.franksaquarium.com/barb.htm I might get a few more if I put in an order there maybe come spring. They do seem to be schooling good but might just be because they havent settled in yet... they've been in the tank for around a month maybe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store