jabberjaw's 150gallon - from the get go

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
you trust that stand?
Why wouldnt he? Your typical stand is made out of particle board. Particle board is just glued and compressed wood chips. Hence the name particle board. It is VERY weak when exposed to water. Its a wonder why any tank stand manufacturers use it. They are just setting you up for failure. It just crumbles when it absorbs water.

The stand pictured looks to be made of nice 1x4s which are 100x stronger than any particle board. I would trust this stand 100%.

The best stand you can have is a metal stand. That is hands down the best.

Anyways the tank looks outstanding. Keep up the good work and dont rush your stocking decisions. Will a nice tank like that you want to plan out every move so you have a masterpiece when finished.

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for all the kind words!

The lighting rig is 4ft long & carries 2x150w Metal Halides, 2x Actinic Tubes & 2x Blue LED Moonlights

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Nice aquascape. You have great LR to work with and it paid off. Looking forward to watching your system mature. Great start.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Looks great.. one question.. what did you put between the stand and the bottom of the tank? I just can't imagine putting a bare glass tank resting on those cross braces on the stand.. you have to have more support between the tank and stand right? On your smaller tank it looks like you have a sheet of styrofoam.

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Ace,
yeah for sure, I would never place a tank of any size directly onto a stand.
I have a 20mm thick sheet of styrofoam laid between the tank & stand

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store