jabberjaw's 150gallon - from the get go

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I have seen some bright white sebaes with blue tips but you're right on about the shape. I was thinking the two small nems in the pic looked like offspring from a recent split. But I guess its one big one with each end sticking out of a hole in the rock.

I'm sorry to hear you lost yours but having it under your care for that long is quite an accomplishment.

Last edited:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The anemone in my pic started out white with stubby tentacles. That is what she started to look like after a few months of extra care. I've just never seen a 100% healthy white specimen--they either turned brown with care or died.

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for the anemone details :)
Another thing to consider is that my tank didnt have a proper light source for over 4 weeks (between the time my old MH light rig died & me getting this new one).. I was only running a couple generic fluoros during that time & I think that may have hit the anemone pretty hard too... The new lighting rig has been up for a week so far, so hopefully it gets back to 100% sometime soon.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Sounds like a good start. In the meantime, since the tentacles are still adhesive, try feeding the anemone. At first, start out once or twice per week and see how it does. If it readily accepts the food, step it up slightly. You can feed a maximum of every other day--and your anemone will thank you for it. I recommend starting off with chopped silversides. Buy a small pack of them and test whether or not yours will accept them. However, I've found that a diet of silversides is more than sufficient for this species and is enough to keep it in optimal condition. Give it a try and let us know.

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Amphiprion, am currently feeding the tank a mix of chopped silversides and prawns & every feeding session I see the clarkiis take a couple of big chunks of food over to the anemone.. so I think it’s getting enough food, but will still keep a very watchful eye on it…

Phatboydime

AC Members
Dec 22, 2008
wonderful tank. I agree on keeping an eye on the nems. Love the pic of the tank flashing!!! POTM on the 1st crab for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store