jabberjaw's 150gallon - from the get go

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
quick update time.
just a couple new pics showing the new b&w clown, the clarkii's getting comfy with the anemone, my weirdo dog faced puffer (see below) & new full tank shot with new lighting rig (the tank needs a bit of cleaning, but I thought the post was due for an updated tank shot :goldfish:)

but yeah, back to the puffer....
have noticed some REAL bizarre behavior of late, the puffer has taken up residence in the empty clam shell! When it's lights out, he's cruises on over to it & settles in for the nite.. very odd....

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

eddiebait

AC Members
Jan 10, 2010
Hey thats a way cool aquarium, and a very interesting thread. Thank you for taking the time to share your progress with us.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
That puffer is soooo cute. Love the tank.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Great update and cool pic of the puffer. Thanks for sharing!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The puffer photo is very cool and the tank looks great. There is one thing that bothers me, though, and that is those anemones. They are very bleached and look to be in rough shape. How long has that been going on?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
The puffer photo is very cool and the tank looks great. There is one thing that bothers me, though, and that is those anemones. They are very bleached and look to be in rough shape. How long has that been going on?
I believe those are sebae anemones which can be white or off white. They typically don't do well in captivity. I was going to mention the same but didn't want to be "that guy". Are they still sticky?

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
thanks for the nice comments everybody!

the anemone is a sebae and is actually just one big one that has for some reason decided that squeezing itself thru 2 differrent holes in a rock is its most comfortable spot.
It came from my lfs's display tank in which it had been there for over a year (and yep, just checked & it is still sticky)
These shots were taken halfway thru lights out & during the day the anemone regulary has all its tentacles full expanded (tho i do think it's getting lazy as the clowns always bring it a feast every feeding session.. :) )

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I believe those are sebae anemones which can be white or off white. They typically don't do well in captivity. I was going to mention the same but didn't want to be "that guy". Are they still sticky?
Yes, but that is neither their natural color nor shape. Healthy specimens look nothing like that at all. This is what sebae anemones should look like:

This is a pic of my old female H. crispa (aka "sebae) which passed away this past year after almost 16 years in my care:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store