Jack Dempsey in a 29 G?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BloodThirsty28

AC Members
Jun 26, 2006
solenoid said:
Well, I looked into renter's insurance and got conflicting information. My car insurance rep told me that the insurance would not cover damages to someone else's property.Thanks!

Your insurance rep is correct. Renters insurance would only cover your property. if there was damage to someone elses property they would have to have their own policy.

PS - I'm an insurance agent. lol

chad55

AC Members
Aug 17, 2006
If I were you I would just take the chance and go with a 55 gal. If you get a leak the extra water isn't going to change much. The most likely case is that you won't even get a leak. Maybe you should go to the people that are under you in your appartment and let them know. Tell them if the start hearing or seeing things to give you a call and give them ur cell phone and house number if you have both. Personally I think it is awsome of you to think of your neighbors and what not but I wouldn't let the fear of a leak stop me. If you get a brand new tank there is a VERY VERY slim chance of it leaking. You could even put on a bunch more silicone before u add water just to be sure. Good luck. BTW a con cat and tetras is a bit too much IMO.

Chad

rmcder

AC Members
Jul 18, 2005
What you need is some kind of liability insurance I think. You'd have to look into that to see if anything would cover you for accidental leaks.

MeatWagon

AC Members
Aug 14, 2006
BloodThirsty28 said:
Your insurance rep is correct. Renters insurance would only cover your property. if there was damage to someone elses property they would have to have their own policy.

PS - I'm an insurance agent. lol
That's kinda confusing, but I think I know what you mean... I am 99% sure it only covers your stuff in the apartment.

Like if the guy who lives above you has a huge aquarium and it leaks and the water ruins your autographed collection of Madonna albums, you would be covered. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store