......////.jack demsey question.////..........

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
mascencerro said:
I've got a 13 yr old dempsey in a 29g right now.

Of course, the 29 was just to house the dempsey until the owner who moved gets a chance to set up his 55 that the dempsey lived in. I had to take the dempsey to where the 29g was and put it there for temp, but the person that owned the 29g was tired of it and gave it to me.
then your depmsy is deformed, each dempsey needs 40-50 gallons to be comfortable in my opinion

perek

AC Members
Jun 24, 2006
Yea I am currently keeping my 1.5" baby Electric Blue in a 20L tank. A 29G is the same tank just a little taller, I couldnt imagine cramping a large JD in there.

I will hopefully be buying a 55G soon that my little fella can move into.

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
allright eveyone i got to think about it and if any one else got anything to say it will help alot..... thanks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nate...you will often get conflicting opinions...there will always be some one that comes on and says the exact opposite. For whatever reason, they try to justify it can be done or it is all right to do.

Measure your tank. Research how big a JD gets. Imagine yourself in a room 4 foot by 4 foot by 7 foot tall. Would you be thriving? How about if we through 4 more people in there?

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
sumthin fishy said:
Dont listen to cichlid keeper. A 29 gal is way too small for a JD. Broad statements like his are simply bad advice. 5 apistos? fine! 5 JDs? Animal cruelty! How do you define "just fine" Did the fish live more than a week? I guess thats just fine right? I guess I could put a puppy in a 10 gallon and if it lives more than a few months thats just fine right?
Well they lived for about a year. They didnt kill each other at all. They got some kind of parasite and then died.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store