......////.jack demsey question.////..........

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
You know, I think anyone who kills an animal like this should be forced BY LAW to live the same way the animal has lived. Ignorance is no excuse. I always watch those animal cop shows and I cant stand it when the judge lets the people off. If someone chains thier puppy up for so long that the rusted metal collar grows INTO its neck then the owner should be forced to endure the same punishment as the poor animal did.

So, cichlidkeeper91, I would love it if you were forced to live in a 5' by 5' room until you died from parasites and disease acquired from your own feces.

-Diana

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
thanks rbishop your right so i will not take the jd and will get cichlids instead in the near future. i have got a lot of suggestions and will like more . thanks to everyone else to. maybe when i get older and get a bigger tank i will get a big jd but for now at my young age i will stick to the 29.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Nate, sorry to turn your thread into a bloodbath, but I get tired of people giving unfounded advice to people like you. You seem like you are trying to be a responsible fishkeeper.

Ideas for a 29 gallon:

3-5 hatchet tetras, 6-10 tetras such as neons or cardinals, a few ottos, and a nice centerpiece Blue ram(possibly a pair).

Variation on the above, subsitute ottos for corries, and/or apistos for rams.

You could have quite a nice colony of one type of shell dwelling cichlid.

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
thanks sumthin fishy and no promblem with the bloodbath lol

ur suggestion is a good one but i have 4 danois in there and was wondering if with wat u said go good with them?

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
and sorry but what are ottos? like i said im new

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
also maybe can i have like a shark tank or sumthing becasue they do look cool like the bala, redtail , and rainbow and one other but forgot the name of it.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
all those sharks get over a foot, are VERY active, and need to be kept in groups. at least a 150g for a bare minimum of three!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
If you already have danios, you could stick with them instead of the neon tetras. If you like cichlids, the rams (microgeophagus ramerizi) are a dwarf cichlid that get only a few inches. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=107 Same with the Apistos (apistogramma Spp.) Actually, apistogramma is a genus, there are quite a few species in this category, and they stay small, but are all still cichlids and exhibit simmilar behavior. http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1664 that is one of my favorite fish right there, and is of the apisto genus. "otto" is the common term for a small pleco-like algae eating catfish. Unlike plecos, they will only grow to an inch or two. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=107 Great for algae controll in smaller tanks such as yours.

Last edited:

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
alright thanks to eveyone and to anyone with more suggestions and i think i will get some of sumthin fishy's suggestions and no sharks and there any that stay small

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Whoa, nellie ;) make sure you do a little research of your own before actually going out and buying them. Make sure your water quality is in order, check dietary needs, make sure you are reaady to take on the chalenges of keeping them healthy. Double check my information to make sure im not lying or just plain wrong :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store