Jake's 2.5g AGA Betta Biotope

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I like c. willisii or c. parva in my 10g... The leaves colored up with a slight blush which matches well with my wendtii. I'm actually thinking of adding on of the baby plants into my 2.5, but I ran out of root tabs.

Edit: to clarify, I'm fairly sure I have willisii, but parva is similar and the two get confused... But all pics I gave seen show green leaves - mine may very well be something else, altho the leaves started out green but now growin med-high light.

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Lookin good! Now here's to hoping your betta isn't a jumper

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
I like c. willisii or c. parva in my 10g... The leaves colored up with a slight blush which matches well with my wendtii. I'm actually thinking of adding on of the baby plants into my 2.5, but I ran out of root tabs.

Edit: to clarify, I'm fairly sure I have willisii, but parva is similar and the two get confused... But all pics I gave seen show green leaves - mine may very well be something else, altho the leaves started out green but now growin med-high light.
I was thinking of maybe C. parva, but I kinda want the colour of the wendtii. I really like both plants though. Thanks for the suggestions!

Looks awesome here too!
Thanks! For some reason this thread at TPT hasn't taken off as much as here.

Lookin good! Now here's to hoping your betta isn't a jumper
Don't worry, he isn't. I have kept him in a topless tank for ever and no escapes. Thanks!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Thanks! For some reason this thread at TPT hasn't taken off as much as here.
There's too many people that just browse and just look at the "better" setups than mine or yours. That's why I always forget that I have threads there.

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
There's too many people that just browse and just look at the "better" setups than mine or yours. That's why I always forget that I have threads there.
Thats what I think as well. It is the same for many forums that pertain to plants. :huh: To be honest, I think setups that aren't "ADA pimped" and have pressurized CO2 have more character. But thats just me.
Regards,
Jake

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Thats what I think as well. It is the same for many forums that pertain to plants. :huh: To be honest, I think setups that aren't "ADA pimped" and have pressurized CO2 have more character. But thats just me.
Regards,
Jake
I like aquariums that look like a person actually made it and not some robot, lol.

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
I like aquariums that look like a person actually made it and not some robot, lol.
Amen!:thumbsup: I also think they get boring, they all look the same! (Not that there good looking...)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store