Jake's 2.5g AGA Betta Biotope

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
I'd still say figure out a way to top the tank regardless of his past jumping behavior. I had a guy who was with me for almost two years disappear out of a tank that was open only for a small strip in the rear...and found his dried remains on the floor behind the tank. So yes, even the most seemingly non-jumpy bettas will jump - and they can find a way to jump through the smallest openings.

A little netting and a rubber band only costs a dollar or two and will save you a lot of heartache.

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
I'd still say figure out a way to top the tank regardless of his past jumping behavior. I had a guy who was with me for almost two years disappear out of a tank that was open only for a small strip in the rear...and found his dried remains on the floor behind the tank. So yes, even the most seemingly non-jumpy bettas will jump - and they can find a way to jump through the smallest openings.

A little netting and a rubber band only costs a dollar or two and will save you a lot of heartache.
OK, will do! I'll rummage around my fish stuff and see what I can get together.
Thanks!
Jake:headbang2:

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Love the rocks, and your betta looks happy. Will second the encouragement to add some kind of cover.

Is the tank not sitting level? Not a big deal for one that size, I suppose, but you might want to add a piece of rubber/styrofoam under the tank to allow it to level out under the weight of the water.

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
Love the rocks, and your betta looks happy. Will second the encouragement to add some kind of cover.

Is the tank not sitting level? Not a big deal for one that size, I suppose, but you might want to add a piece of rubber/styrofoam under the tank to allow it to level out under the weight of the water.
Thanks for the complements! I will be getting a cover sooner then later. For now I put a large, heavy book over the tank. I hadn't thought of using rubber, I'll have to pick some when I get everything else.

I second covering the tank. I've lost a Betta when he jumped out and it's just not a pleasant experience...
There is also the option of a glass canopy (http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/212219/product.web?gdftrk=gdfV2226_a_7c268_a_7c713_a_7c212219) although that would affect your decorating options.
Monika
I saw those, but as you mentioned, it would really affect my aquascaping, so I will tank that into account. Thanks!

I usually bought a divider for a 2.5 to use as a betta top.
I like that idea, and there cheap too!

Very pretty little tank!
Thanks! It's nice to see another Wisconsonite here, where are you?

Such great smiles!:nilly: :thud::rant2::duh:

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
absolutely amazing!:worthy: ive been wanting that exact same tank for about three months, but i have the same problem with my wallet.:wall: its a bit too empty. lol
Thanks! This hobby is like boats... "A glass box that people put alot of money and time into!"

Nice little tank. I even saw a glimpse of the energy efficient light bulb. way to go on the energy saving.
Thank you very much! "Go Green!" :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store