Java moss brown stuff please help?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I found that, but there's nothing specific about what is in there...how much NPK/micros, what form, etc. Just a bunch of statements that, IMHO, look to be claiming a lot without anything to back it up. At least the Seachem liquid ferts line, for example, provides more details about what's actually in their bottles...

Liquid is good vs. root supplements, obviously since the moss isn't rooted in the substrate. But other than that, there really isn't enough to say whether it is a good choice to use.

Are you outside of the US/Canada?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Yes,so i can't give it a try a small dose or something can hurt :')?
I won't repeat the good advice Josh has posted. And I agree that not knowing exactly what is in this product is disturbing. I am not comfortable with their caution not to use for three weeks, and their statements that this somehow affects fish and cycling. I do not add substances into my fish tanks that I do not have a fairly good grasp of to begin with. Some chemicals can interfere with various natural biological processes. I'm not saying this product is harmful, or good; I can't tell.

Byron.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Java moss does not need ferts of any kind IME. Just pick out the brown bits (if they bug you). You don't need mystery vitamins or anything else...just wait a bit, it'll be fine.

If you could please add your state or country in your location here, it can help us help you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store