Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I'm using a Canon t1i with a Tamron 2.8 (28-75mm) lens on autofocus been to lazy to work at getting a clear shot....LOL They are also adjust down to 1024x648 or something like that so I think that degrades the picture as well. As you can tell photography is just another hobby...LOL It will pick back up with girl softball season since I've inherited the responsibility as team photographer, I'm not complaining gives me a way to participate while I'm there but it interferes with my cheering sometimes I can't do both...LMAO

my daughter and friends nicknamed me the pop-parazzi

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Okay so I got the Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae and Cryptocoryne parva, let's hope it does what I envision going forward.

The parva will be the foreground across the front of the tank

My biggest concern is getting this area on the rear right completely convered with tall palnts so this were the balansae will be

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
nice! im new to plants. getting some plants this friday! gunna have a planted 29 gallon tank. my 75 jag tank wont need plants lol

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
How did you make the mineralized soil or did you purchase it? I'm putting together a new 57 and using ADA or Azoo is out of my budget. I want to try another one from my current Ecco Complete.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks great so far, I can't wait to see it grown in some more! I really like that you spend some $$ to have an awesome start, not just a few (that's what I do :(), it's always much more impressive.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
How did you make the mineralized soil or did you purchase it?
I was fortunate enough that a friend had some to spare but it is a lot of work and effort. I then purchased the ingredients from a ceramic house near by for the mix. This was a good article I was refered to http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/?page=26&p=vB52554 the MS to clay mix I used was a 10 to 1 later found out I could've gone as high as 8 to 1 but no harm.

nice! im new to plants. getting some plants this friday! gunna have a planted 29 gallon tank. my 75 jag tank wont need plants lol
Thanks, good luck with the 29g and welcome to the plant side ;)

Love your wood! :perv:
Thanks, not to loud someone may misinterpret the meaning.:evil_lol:

That looks great so far, I can't wait to see it grown in some more! I really like that you spend some $$ to have an awesome start, not just a few (that's what I do :(), it's always much more impressive.
Yes I'm definitely over buget on this tank by alot and you can see how little I had left for plants...lol Don't feel bad I did the same thing in my 120g especially for more expensive plants cultivating them yourself is the way to go it's never pretty but when it fills in it is very satisfying and you know you've done something right :dance: Luckily dispite my meltdown in the 120g I shared enough clippings that a few of my are willing on supplying me clippings when I'm ready. We'll see where that goes.

Thanks all for taking interest the dialog makes it worth sharing and sparks ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store