Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well the Crypts are finally showing signs of submersed growth I was expecting the balansae to be a bit of a faster grower but at this rate the parva is growing faster.

Here's the side view I want to get tall.

GBA and BBA have is settling I haven't had time to spot it with peroxide or excel.

I forgot the FTS maybe I'll get one this weekend I have been having issues with coverting cr2 to jpeg for some reason. I'm liking the transition from parva to nana petite because they haven't envaded each other's space at least for the moment. The Blxya and parva is cool as well but blxya is creeping on the parva fast.

We'll see how else I can tweak it now that some things in the back are clearly not working for me.

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
It's looking really nice so far! Just give those plants some time and they will get up there. If anyone can do it you would be the one!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Thank for the words of encouragement NB.

Close up Left side.

Close up Right side

AND as promised FTS pic. I'm due for a water change which is why you don't see the tank topped off.

It is slowly showing signs of what I was hoping for so nothing crazy. Originally I thought I'd have trouble with the 4 80w T5HO not being enough light or issues with dark spots with the staggering of lights. I've planted accordingly for the most part in those areas with the exception of trying to parva in that right corner I'll have to move about 3 plants that aren't doing as well as the rest of the forground.

BTW don't considered the Left side of the tank scaped still just cultivating I may just continue to put the Rotala across the back wall pulling it towards the right.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looking great!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Your tank looks amazing, I hope mine will be like that once I save up enough to buy a Co2 System for my tank.
:D

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Very nice! I like your idea of more rotala along the back, the clump looks too narrow for the height now. But I have too big of an area of it, wish I was better at controlling it, I'm sure you are, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store