Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

silentcircuit

AC Members
Mar 3, 2011
Columbia, SC
Real Name
Chris
Wow, this has made great strides from the first page. Gives me hope for my tanks in the future... What's to the left behind the driftwood? I really need to get some of that. The ground cover to the left of the wood is great too.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Wow, this has made great strides from the first page. Gives me hope for my tanks in the future... What's to the left behind the driftwood? I really need to get some of that. The ground cover to the left of the wood is great too.
Thanks. The grass like plant to the far left behind the driftwood is Blyxa aubertii or the one growing to the surface behind that is Ludwigia repens x arcuata.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks great but...I'm not really liking the moss on the left. Maybe it's because it's dark, maybe cuz I just ripped out a ton of detritus holding java moss & I'm just anti-moss right now.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Thanks all.

That looks great but...I'm not really liking the moss on the left. Maybe it's because it's dark, maybe cuz I just ripped out a ton of detritus holding java moss & I'm just anti-moss right now.
Moss isn't the easiest thing to control for me but this worked the best so far. The days of the moss wall have always been number in this tank it's sole purpose is to provid protection for the RCS from becoming fish food. I need to get the ground cover all the way to the left there for the RCS.

I know what you mean about the detritus after the moving it, it took 24hrs for it to clear up again.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Wow, I can't believe I haven't provided any updates since May....

I was going to add pics and realized there not on this pc :mad2: I could only find these from Sept before the neglect and the jungle it became. I did a plant species purge clearing out the jungle so I'm back to square one, maybe not that far since I'm happy with the foreground. (see pics below)

The 1st pick is of my c. parva foreground experiment which I'm quite pleased with and the nana petite behind it. These pics are from before the dedicated bba battle began. I have to login from my other PC to show the mess that is now while I figure out where to take the tank now.

PicturesT1i_0001.JPG Picture 9.jpg Picture 11.jpg Picture 10.jpg

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
This was the tank 11/19/11 before I went crazy at the last prunning which wiped out most of the right side. I was tinkering with it today but after disturbing the MTS moving a Aponogeton ulvaceus with large roots it's just a muddy mess still clearing up so I don't have current pictures of it today.

PictureT1i_5053.JPG PictureT1i_5059.JPG PictureT1i_5054.JPG PictureT1i_5051.JPG PictureT1i_5058.JPG PictureT1i_5055.JPG PictureT1i_5052.JPG

Reactions: evil wizard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store