Jpappy's 10 gallon CP setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Is there a such thing as to much humidity with these plants??? Im asking cuz there bog plants so there is always water around them. I had a pothos in a completely sealed jar and it thrived until I pulled it out since it outgrew the container. It started drying out in minutes I out it back in the container but it didnt survive.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Is there a such thing as to much humidity with these plants??? Im asking cuz there bog plants so there is always water around them. I had a pothos in a completely sealed jar and it thrived until I pulled it out since it outgrew the container. It started drying out in minutes I out it back in the container but it didnt survive.
TBH, I'm not sure. I get max readings at night of 90% ish, but then during the day it drops back down to 65ish. I've read that perpetually high humidity can cause them to be weak and lanky and droopy; but not that it would kill them outright.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Oddly enough, I turned the center light off yesterday (the adelaes are right below it) and now they are producing dew again...:huh:

Not sure if that was the problem or if it was the water but I'll probably be changing that too anyways.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Sweet! Sounds like the adelaes are happy again! It's a cool book. Great reference.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
My adelae isn't producing any dew and my spatula looks like its dien. Can to much light really be a problem?
Savage garden, great book!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Mine is directly under a 100w CFL. I have 2 over the tank, and it's growing and producing dew like mad. I don't think that would be it, but it's totally possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store