julidochromis ???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Ooppss sorry on the size some of these posts feel like they run together LOL I would add a few more..

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
all good, ill get a few more then when the chance arrives. The LFS that had the one i have said they were getting more a few weeks ago and havent yet(i called every week), but they have my name and number now, so i wait

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
Originally when i was getting a stock list together, you said it should work out ok in a tank this size. Originally i wanted cyps, J. transcriptus or ornatus, and ocellatus. Now that i have J. Regani and not either of the species i wanted, and seeing the territorial behavior that the regani is showing towards the multies(mainly 1 or 2 of them that seem to be around the rockwork more than shells...maybe that is why?)...would it still work if i were to get ocellatus? will the territorial behavior focus on eachother(when there are more j regani) or do you think it would spread towards the ocellatus as well?

...and thanks to you two(pitbull and jpappy) for assistance and recommendations on the stocklist, im very pleased with the cyps

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
My multis and Julis had standoffs every once and a while but I never caught them actually physically going after one another. Not sure if reganis are going to be more aggressive than my transcriptus so that may also be a factor. If you're still planning on the occies then I probably wouldn't add more than a pair of Julies since another bunch of shells will replace the more rockwork you would likely need.

Pitt may have a different opinion though.

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
There are already 2 shell beds, 1 on both ends with rockwork in the middle dividing. also some smaller rock within the shell beds to kind of separate and make 2 shells areas within each side

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Back a few years ago i had a colony of Brevis on one side and a colony of Multi's on the other side and a mountain of rock in the middle of a 55gal tank, I had J. Marlieri as the rock dweller and i experienced little aggression but i had tons of shells on each side and a large rock pile.. I would say that the Occies in the 130gal should be fine as long as the decor is provided but that's my experience you may witness a different scenario..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store