Just between us girls

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Shot a new series on Mikula Group Nyatzi (which is a 125-gallon tank) before re-aquascaping it and adding a few females from the 240-gallon tank. Of course, I tried to capture Nyatzi (the tank Alpha male) with full-flared-fins but he wouldn't cooperate. The females were all posing for me; so, I took what they gave me and ran with an all girl review.

I was very pleased with many of the images from this three day session. There will be more to follow, in this thread, at a later date. For anyone who may not be familiar with them, Mikula Group Nyatzi is a group of wild caught Cyphotilapia gibberosa (Zaire Blue Mikula).

Here's a few images for starters...

Cheers,
Russ

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Always great to see your photos Russ! The pictures and the fish look great as usual.

Reactions: Wild West and Razzo

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
I have a handful more choice images of the girls that I would like to add to this thread (I will at a later time). I did want to sneak in an image of the alpha male in this tank, Nyatzi. He didn't give me that trophy full fin picture this session; however, this image caught my attention and preempted my work flow on more of the female images.

What is appealing, to my eye, in this image is the increasing shadows, from left to right as Nyatzi slowly glides into darkness . I don't often title my images but I did for this one... Into the Abyss.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Stunning as always.... :)

Reactions: Razzo

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Nice Pics and fishes. :)

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I just LOVE the Blue in Fronts. :)

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Thanks guys :) Glad you are enjoying my barrage of photos

Here's a few more images from "Mikula Bank." :)

I LOVE this big rock on the left side of my tank. It has so much character from color changes to cuts & crevices. Lil Blue, the dark blue female bottom left, digs out under this boulder everytime I pull it out to clean off diatoms and put it back. I have this boulder resting on a smaller one in back so I can angle just right. She digs a tunnel under it.

Lil Blue

The shy glide from the alpha... Nyatzi, stop and flex buddy!

Hope you all are not getting sick of these yet. Had so many images I liked from this series. Still have more I'd like to add at a later time.

Cheers,
Russ

Reactions: Slappy*McFish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store