Just fragged my Hammer coral :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Nice fragging! Just for variety, you might also try household epoxy putty. I use it for all my stony frags.

For mushrooms, I generally decapitate and plant the heads with toothpicks. The leftover stalk will quickly become a new shroom. They have been pretty hard for me to kill.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Dave,

I'm going to try that tonight. I have two different shrooms, one type in each tank. Both are growing like crazy. I just want to get both started in each tank and maybe get some going on some small pieces of LR for trading stock.

Wah,

I guess I can explore the GARF site again!! I got lost in there once for about 3 days :D Hopefully they pruned all the dead and redirecting links!! There was a lot of good info in there, just confusing as heck to find.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I just take a razor and slice of a little bit of the foot on both rics and shrooms. After a few days it will crawl out from under mom and there you go new critter. It's neat in that you can get 3 or 4 with out really hurting the critter . It's also the way that the shrooms for one reproduce on their own so hey mother nature know best. I can also say that I've never lost any critters doing this. With one exception anyway I'm not 100% sure but, I think that maybe one of my shrooms grew back together.
The disadvantage is that it will take you a little longer but, hey I have pleanty of time.
hth
Chris

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Thanks guys,

I'm going to operate on my shrooms over the weekend. I think I'll leave the Ricordia alone until it grows a little more. I'm trading a bunch of Xynia and Sinulara frags on friday so space might start being an issue. I need a 125!!!!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Fl do you mind if I'm a little bit of a busy body and ask which way you're going to try. I ran across the method I mentioned on reef central a while back. It is slower to adult size but, you sure can get more ,"cuttings" and it really doesn't bother the critters much.
just being me :)

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
maxilaria said:
Fl do you mind if I'm a little bit of a busy body and ask which way you're going to try. I ran across the method I mentioned on reef central a while back. It is slower to adult size but, you sure can get more ,"cuttings" and it really doesn't bother the critters much.
just being me :)
Max,

Right now I have two rocks COVERED in shrooms. In my 36 I have red/orange ones, in my nano I have large brown ones. I wanted to end up with both varieties in each tank more so than getting them to multiply where they are. I was going to cut them as Dave mentioned to get them started in each tank. At the same time I can try your method ons some of the remaining ones. I'm open to any suggestions but once I get them out of the tank and they are all slimy I hope my cuts and aim are true :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store