Just fragged my Hammer coral :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantman1028

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
sewell,new jersey
myway.com
They started attaching in about a week.I have a few more colors I want to prop soon.I seen the purple shrooms on quality corals for 26 bucks a polyp!!!I should try to make the hobby pay for itself......like that will ever happen.LOL. :)

green and blue shrooms.JPG

kasmd73

AC Members
Mar 14, 2005
what brand of superglue? is it special for reef aquariums or can you use the stuff you get at walmart?

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
kas,

I believe any of the superglue gel forumulas should work OK. Figure about two frags per small tube!

I transplanted my shrooms over the weekend. Little slimey suckers!! Not looking very good right now, I'll take some pics as the perc up. My harry legged crabs kept trying to pull them loose so I sentenced them to the sump until they learn to behave :)

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
UDdiver81 said:
YOU CAN USE CRAZY GLUE IN WATER?!?! THATS NUTS! it doesn't hurt the fish at all?
So far, so good. I've gone through 2 tubs in my nano alone. I just recieved a bunch of new zoos and stuck them in about 5 different places. Pics ASAP.

duck

AC Members
Nov 30, 2003
South Georgia
Visit site
how did they go knifeman...
I need to learn this technique... I wish you could do a picture how to.. that would be an awesome sticky !!!

I've fragged stoney corals and xenias but never shrooms.. I have a couple of red one sI got frm mogurnda I think ar large enough to try a frag
and I have some pretty blues I would like to get onto anouther rock.. maybe the toothpick method.

When you slice then "head off" how much ar eyou talking about.. just run an exacto across the bottom side of the mushroom head and then toothpick it into anouther rock.. is it that simple?

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
I'll tell you what...........

Shrooms, Xynias and Neon Sinulara, just cut off a piece, stick it somewhere and it will grow!! I had pieces that my crabs broke loose and floated around in my tank where I couldn't get to them, now they are anchored and growing. I aint got no green thumb either......or salty thumb or whatever it takes to grow saltwater critters :D

duck

AC Members
Nov 30, 2003
South Georgia
Visit site
well I have heard people saying you must get part of the mouth and I am wondring do you just slice the thing in half like 2 equal size peices right in the middle?

what if you just cut a flap off without the mouth.. will the cutting just die without a mouth or will it grow one...

could you do it with scissors while it is streched out underwater.. just reach down and clip a big peice off quickly...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store