Keeping Aquariums Cool?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Karlsbad

Sharkbait
Sep 23, 2003
Chicagoland
Visit site
There are chillers out there for 300 bucks now. I don't have the links but a couple of brands I've seen that cheap are Arctica Titanium and Pacific Coast. I don't know how good they are either.

Dapple2

AC Members
Jul 3, 2003
Oregon
pictures.care2.com
The Coolworks chiller was rated for ten gallons, and was only $109, making it comparable to buying a new dorm fridge and cannibalizing it. Haven't heard any reviews of it though. You might try asking down on the marine side about it though.

myrphie

AC Members
Jul 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
Incandescent Replacement

Just to touch on the other end of the issue, Coralife (and perhaps other companies now) are making self-ballasted compact flourescent bulbs which can be screwed into standard medium based (incandescent) sockets.

For more info:

Coralife's Site

For sale @ Big Al's

Obviously something along those lines would run much cooler than incandescent bulbs. Hope this helps!

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
thats not a bad idea for the light bulbs, but I have florecents in mine already. im probly going to end up buying a fan and putting it over the top of the tank/waterfalling the water for this summer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store