kill snails,once and for ever

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
my mom hat ethem, she think they are discusting, and i talked to her, and she said do it, if the fish die, she'll buy new ones.

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
um yeah, i said something like that, and she said if i do that, it wont be discus, plants or anykind of fish that i wanted, just plain old goldfish with nothing inside the tank.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Your mom is harsh. Although you can probably get rid a lot of them through the veggie feeding/throwing away. Enough to not be able to see many snails. It won't cure the entire problem, but your mom might accept it more. As long as snail population is being kept down to a bare minimum w/ very little visibility.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
What kind of snails do you have? My baby tank exploded with trumpets, tomorrow I am taking out all the ones on the sides of the tank. there babies. No biggie if you see them all over the sides of the tank pluck them. there are lots of folks who want them, so sell them. heck 50 for 5.00 :lol:

Preeths

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
Put in a few YOYO loaches , your snails will be eaten in a couple of weeks.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Yoyos will never work well with Temo's current stocks. These are very boisterous fish and can stress the discus, angels and rams with their activities.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Instead of stressing your fish, dumping chemicals in your tank that could mess with your PH, and having hundreds of rotting snails in your tank (mini cycles, ammonia through the roof, etc)...

You say they're everywhere? Put in a substantial amount of veggies in a jar and leave it for a few hours, or overnight. The snails will congregate to the jar, as in they will all head to the food. It's a simple trap.

You have eggs? When you start to see small snails around, repeat the trap trick. The snails have to grow a bit before they can lay eggs. Soon you will have no egg sacs, and no snails. If you ever notice any, just put in the trap.

Think of it as a snail magnet. It's easy to set up, doesn't cost anything, and can be used whenever you want to trap snails. Don't use chemicals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store